Sunday, March 24, 2013

packing packing and more packing

I cannot believe all the stuff we have. We are moving in 2 days and the packing just never seems to end! I still have so much to do... ah!

John and I pack very differently... He's sitting here putting all his stuff in little plastic bags and folding everything up nicely. and my way is just to cram as much as I can into a box.

Eli was really fun today. He is so distracting at church now. During the first hour he is usually very quiet and sometimes sleepy. but after that he gets really excited and just wants to play with everyone around. Today was awesome though, I actually got to sit through all of relief society because he was just so happy.
The lesson today was on becoming goodly parents. It was one of my favorite lessons ever. The teacher read us this poem and I really love it.



THE CLEANING AND SCRUBBING WILL WAIT TILL TOMORROW,
FOR CHILDREN GROW UP, AS I'VE LEARNED TO MY SORROW.
SO QUIET DOWN, COBWEBS. DUST GO TO SLEEP.
I'M ROCKING MY BABY AND BABIES DON'T KEEP.


Some of my best moments with Eli are the times when I really want him to go to sleep so I can get the house clean but instead I choose to cuddle with him or play with him. It's always worth it. Being a parent is the most wonderful I'll ever do.



No comments:

Post a Comment